What Are The Advantages of Fat TiresNovember 16, 2022
Fat tire e-bikes (fat e-bikes) have gained a huge amount of popularity among e-bikers during the last few years. You may be wondering why? Here is the list we prepared for you to see why you should try a fat tyre e-bike and all the amazing advantages we can think of…
- First off, fat bikes provide good grip and traction even on the most difficult terrains that require additional traction which makes them the best choice in winter.
- Fat bikes will not slip as easily as a thin road tyre on a wet road or sink in mud or snow even when the ground is covered in snow.
- Also, they add weight to any e-bike which makes them more resistant to strong winds.
- Fat tires do not need to be inflated too much. You can get good comfort and performance even at low tire pressures, or go higher and have a stronger ride for those who weigh more.
- Large tires absorb a lot of vibration and it means less stress on your handlebar and that also means less strain on the arms and shoulders.
- Another advantage of having a larger tire is the improved balance and control it provides. Many people report that they feel safer and sturdier on a fat-tyre bike.
- Fat tyre e-bikes are safer than regular bikes as they are slower and provide more contact with the surface and won’t slip on wet surfaces.
- Floatation of fat tires is much more effective in sand or soft ground which means the tires won’t dig in and keep floating on top thanks to the weight spread over a wider surface area.
And those are the main advantages we can think of when it comes to fat-tyres! This is not an article which compares fat bikes to regular ones. We do not say that bikers should give up their regular bikes and get a fat tire bike instead but before you poo-poo them, maybe you should try them.
Does your e-bike have fat-tyres? If it does why not let us know what you like about them in the comments below.