5 Great Reasons For Avid Cyclists to Turn to E-BikesSeptember 5, 2022
As an avid fan of all things e-bike I am of course biased toward the joy and indeed the benefits that they bring to me. But what about someone who is already an avid cyclist? Could I come up with reasons for them to convert to an e-bike? Of course I can and here are 5 of the best ones…
- Riding an e-bike takes 50% less exertion than riding a conventional bike so less exertion at the beginning and end of my day is a huge plus.
- Owning a second car is something my wife and I choose not to do because of the expense but more importantly, the environmental implications. But we do own an e-bike each!
- Riding a conventional bike throughout the winter was out of the question on my regular bike. With the electric bike, I have the confidence to ride through nasty weather, uneven pavement, wet leaves and even over ice! (you just have to be really careful like you would on a normal bike)
- Taking the bus doesn’t get me to work with a smile on my face – riding an e-bike to work does.
- There are days when taking a shower or changing clothes upon arriving at work is too much trouble. Early meetings always point me towards the benefits of a quicker, easier and less sweaty e-bike commute.
Of course, avid cyclists also appreciate the additional benefits that we e-bike riders relish – reduced time and stress for commuting, no parking hassles and costs and more opportunities for exercise. The bottom line for riders, who are already in the habit of bicycle commuting, is that an e-bike helps them pursue that environmentally friendly commute more days of the year and it is far less likely to see you arrive to work already tired. It’s clear that for passionate cyclists, the more days you can ride the better no matter what bike you ride.